Position Title:Building Attendant III
Reports To:Custodial Supervisor
Purpose of Position
To provide delivery of supplies to all custodial areas and team leadership for carpet shampoo, floor refinishing and cleaning teams throughout the campus.
- Performs any, or all, of the duties listed in the Building Attendant I and II position descriptions.
- Strips and refinishes floors.
- Assists supervisors with the training of Building Attendant I and II employees in daily duties such as the safe and proper way of using all equipment and cleaning chemicals.
- Performs custodial duties at the President’s home and at special receptions as assigned or needed.
- Maintains and repairs all custodial service equipment to assure maximum performance.
- Assists supervisors with yearly inventory of all custodial equipment and supplies as required by university policy.
- Coordinates supply delivery crews that transport custodial supplies and equipment from warehouse or storage locations to each individual building.
- Coordinates delivery and pickup of crews such as carpet shampoo teams, floor refinishing teams, and other special cleaning projects at all facilities as designated by supervisors.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and two to five (2-5) years related experience. Requires knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleaning materials including the safe use of supplies and equipment. Requires a valid Texas driverÔ??s license and a good driving record. May be requested to work some weekends for special university programs or emergency situations.
Supervision of Personnel
May provide leadership to Building Attendants I & II.