Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing routine purchasing and operational support in small dollar purchases to the department.
- Responsible for State Contract orders by means of Impala, and TXSmartbuey, automated purchasing systems maintained by the Comptroller of Public Accounts.
- Coordinator of the University’s Centralized Master Bidder’s List (CMBL).
- Maintains TBPC Catalog Information System Vendor (CISV) catalogs.
- Encumbers funds as required for processing requisitions.
- Solicits bids for commodities and servies as directed by the Assistant Director, in accordance with University and CPA=Texas Procurement and Support Services rules.
- Reviews Intradepartmental requisitions to ensure procedure compliance/best value, example: University Bookstore, Print Shop, Dinning Services, etc.
- Tracks and reports status of all delinquent purchase orders for the departments.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
BachelorÔ??s degree or equivalent in related field. MasterÔ??s degree preferred. Education may be substituted with experience on a year by year basis. Minimum of two (2) years related purchasing and/or negotiation experience. Applicant must possess good PC skills and have a considerable working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. CTP certification required or must be obtained within the first (1) year of employment. CTPM, CPPM or other certification are a plus.
Supervision of Personnel
May supervise student worker as directed.