Position Title:Carpenter Foreman
Reports To:Assistant Director or Executive Director
Purpose of Position
Responsible for all carpenter work to include all new construction, remodel and repair jobs.
- Prioritizes and assigns incoming work orders
- Assists with interviewing employees
- Responsible for determining materials needed for jobs.
- Coordinates schedules of classrooms and offices where work is to be performed.
- Responsible for all carpenter work
- Orders and Inventories carpenter supplies
- Trains and guides carpenters
- On call 24 hours a day for emergency situations.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent. Five to seven (5-7) years r elated experience. Must be have knowledge of all carpenter skills and ability to read blue prints. Analyze and offer design solutions. Must be familiar with building codes. Must have valid Texas drivers license and a good driving record.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises 4 carpenters.