Position Title:Cataloging Assistant
Purpose of Position
Responsible for assisting in the collection and storage of information related to the HeirLoom project.
- Creates metadata, cataloging digital objects in Content DM software.
- Assists in training public library staff in metadata and creating digital objects.
- Assists in development of training toolkit on editing digital objects, describing procedures.
- Serves as resource person for metadata cataloging. Answers questions from public library partners working with metadata.
- Assists in development of workflows. Coaches or instructs staff in public libraries in workflow/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned, answering phones, copying, and routine duties.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Bachelors degree with three to five (3-5) years library experience. Good computer skills a must.
Supervision of Personnel