Position Title:COEHS Coordinator of Continuing Education & Innovation
Department:COEHS (Education and Human Services)
Reports To:Dean of COEHS
Purpose of Position
Coordinates and facilitates the collegeā??s mission in the areas of development, outreach, stakeholder relations, marketing and other assignments as deemed appropriate by the COEHS Dean. Works closely with the Dean to ensure the success of the COEHS Advisory Council activities and meetings.
- Coordinates outreach strategies to initiate and build relationships with school districts and community/junior colleges to promote and enhance the development of professional practitioners, researchers, and leaders.
- Assists in the conceptualization, development and promotion of the early college high school partnership with CISD.
- Establish and maintain innovative continuing education possibilities through COEHS departments.
- Consults with the Advising Center Support Committee for COEHS and serves on other COEHS and departmental committees as needed.
- Facilities professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Masters degree and three years related experience in higher education. Excellent communication skills, both orally and written and excellent interpersonal skills essential.
Supervision of Personnel