Position Title:COEHS Mentor Center Coordinator
Department:COEHS (College of Education and Human Services)
Reports To:Assistant Dean of COEHS
Purpose of Position
Provides advisement of students in the College of Education and Human Services (COEHS), works with other Mentor Center employees to proved services to students.
- Provides student advisement. Meets with students and advises on majors and academics.
- Oversees budget for the center. Monitors budget and plans expenses.
- Tracks student progress and degree completion.
- Provides supervision for workers in the center. Holds regular meeting with staff.
- Works closely with COEHS faculty advisors. Confers regular with department advisors about students.
- Oversees and plans orientations. Plans materials and programs for orientation.
- Reminds departments about graduation checks and reviews all department graduation checks.
- Responsible for all entry into the Banner system.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Bachelors degree, Masters degree preferred. Previous experience working with the public, students or clients required. Knowledge in related field to COEHS required. One year (1) administrative experience preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Graduate Assistant and student workers