Position Title:Community College Outreach Coordinator CHEC
Department:Student Access and Success, VP for
Reports To:Associate VP Student Access & Success
Purpose of Position
Coordinates all A&M-Commerce undergraduate and graduate course offerings at the Collin County Higher Education Center (CHEC); relates to, recruits and communicates with, and advises students in degrees offered by the University; works with CHEC staff to plan and deliver on-site programs and support services
- Facilitates communication between and within A&M-Commerce and the Collin Higher Education Center.
- Coordinates A&M-Commerce course offerings and degree programs at the Collin Higher Education Center in collaboration with collegiate deans and Academic Affairs.
- Relates to, communicates with, and advises students in degrees offered by the University.
- Coordinates all marketing efforts, including advertisements, attendance at events, advising workshops and presentations, etc. that result in student enrollment.
- Responds daily to general and specific inquiries regarding University policies and procedures so that individuals receive correct, timely, and pertinent information.
- Conducts initial admissions counseling for prospective graduate and undergraduate students located at the Collin Higher Education Center.
- Coordinates admission and registration activities for A&M-Commerce students at the Collin Higher Education Center, including, but not limited to, accepting applications, facilitating drops/adds, collecting tuition and fees and issuing receipts.
- In cooperation with academic department heads, identifies and recruits qualified personnel to deliver courses.
- Facilitates evaluation of faculty on behalf of academic department heads, establishes and monitors accomplishment of all strategic plans, goals and objectives, and prepares and submits semester reports to Student Access and Success.
- Serves as liaison to home campus offices that relate to undergraduate and graduate students academic and student services, coordinates course schedules and room usage for classes and all extra-curricular activities at the Collin Higher Education Center, including week-end events, coordinates scheduling recruitment visits and special campus events for transfer students.
- Communicates information to the Collin Higher Education Center academic counselors and students about University major/degree options and general core requirements for all majors.
- Assists with electronic evaluation of academic transcripts from the Collin Higher Education Center and the University in preparation for admission to the university, degree plans and academic advisement.
- Facilitates and/or presents Admissions and Financial Aid programs to groups and individuals at area high schools.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a bachelorÔ??s degree, masterÔ??s degree preferred and experience in higher education. Understanding of student development with a sensitivity to the needs of students from diverse cultures required. English and Spanish fluency in verbal and written communication skills preferred. Must have excellent interpersonal and counseling skills with interest and aptitude in working with students. Comprehensive knowledge of the institution, its programs, academic requirements, majors, and student services, undergraduate and graduate admissions, scholarships, and computer application skills helpful. Knowledge of Title IV Financial Aid programs is preferred. Requires travel and a flexible work schedule so student services can be provided in the evenings.
Supervision of Personnel