Reports To:Print Media Manager
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the composition and pre-press area. Other duties include working in the bulk mail center and duplicating services.
- Responsible for typesetting and typography using electronic imaging systems.
- Proofreads documents to assure accuracy prior to next production step.
- Enters text and formats document layout as necessary to achieve desired final copy.
- Scans line art and photographs to be incorporated into documents using desktop scanner.
- Files job tickets numerically for future reference.
- Operates Xerox Color Laser Copier and Epson Color printer to produce color proofs and transfers.
- Advises customers on procedures and requirements for accepting copy such as format required, software compatibility, etc.
- Discusses proofs and advises customers on the remaining processes of production.
- Communicates with software technicians to solve problems with production software.
- Receives cash transactions for services provided to student and individuals.
- Assists in bulk mail center when necessary.
- Assists duplicating services as needed.
- Supplies customers with pricing for contract printing projects, and information for purchasing documents to procure printing.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent with 2-5 years related experience. Must be knowledgeable in typesetting skills and typography standards. Knowledge Pre-Press software required.
Supervision of Personnel
No supervisory responsibility.