Position Title:Construction Engineering Mentor/Transfer Coordinator
Department:Industrial Engineering and Technology
Reports To:Department Head
Purpose of Position
Provides coordination for recruitment and marketing efforts in the Department of Engineering & Technology. Serves as a liaison between potential transfer students and the Department of Engineering & Technology.
- Participates in regularly scheduled recruitment visits to junior/community colleges and high schools.
- Effectively communicates information to junior/community college students and staff about Engineering and Technology (E&T) degrees and associated transfer agreements.
- Serves as liaison between potential transfer students and the E&T Department.
- Assists with arrangements for E&T sponsored recruitment events.
- Manages a database of potential transfer students.
- Promotes departmental scholarships.
- Hosts campus tours for potential students.
- Supports and/or manages summer engineering programs and robotic competitions.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Required: Masters degree. Working knowledge of and experience with articulation agreements/programs. Community/Junior College experience or direct experience in working with community/junior colleges. Higher education recruitment experience. Experience with K-12 educational programs, including but not limited to summer camps and robotic competitions. Higher education experience. Preferred: Working knowledge and/or experience with engineering/technology degree programs. Knowledge of the Texas CORE curriculum, Texas Common Course numbering system and Workforce Education Course Manual. Knowledge of Texas Field-of-Studies. Experience and/or working knowledge of Tech Prep and Dual Credit.
Supervision of Personnel