Department:Children's Learning Center
Reports To:Director of Children's Center
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing children in the center a well balanced, nourishing meal at both breakfast and lunch.
- Responsible for compliance with regulations regarding food service for the Children’s Center.
- Maintains standards of sanitation, health, safety, and nutrition by attending available and required training, organizing and maintaining kitchen area to comply with health codes, washing dishes and utensils according to sanitation standards set by the health department, and properly handling and storing leftover foods.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory levels of groceries and supplies. Purchases groceries weekly from local grocery suppliers and stores.
- Orders bulk grocery items bi-weekly from distributor representative.
- Helps plan menus and keeps paperwork that will meet requirements for the Child Care Food Program.
- Prepares breakfast, lunch and a snack daily for all children of the center eating table foods.
- Prepares for special functions: picnics, parties, or other functions as needed.
- Sets dining tables daily for each meal (breakfast, lunch).
- Serves meals daily at designated times for each age group.
- Assists teachers daily in clearing dining tables after each meal.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Experience and training in quantity food service, preferably in a child service institution is required. Ability to work effectively with other staff members and children is required.
Supervision of Personnel
No supervisory responsibility.