Position Title:Coordinator Graduate Programs in Business & Technology
Department:CBT (College of Business and Technology)
Reports To:Dean College of Business & Technology
Purpose of Position
Coordinates and manages the Graduate Programs in Business & Technology, including student recruitment, admissions, advising and retention activities necessary to carry out the mission and strategic plan of the College of Business & Technology. To provide leadership, supervision and oversight for Graduate Assistants (GA‚??s) and office staff.
- Responsible for graduate level student recruitment, admission evaluation, student advising and retention for all graduate programs in the College of Business & Technology.
- With assistance from the College of Business & Technology Dean’s office establish annual goals, budget projections and marketing strategies.
- Prepares all necessary reports on enrollment trends. Student demographics, etc. required by the Dean’s office and/or AACSB accreditation.
- Serves as the liaison between the College Department Heads and the various graduate programs offered in the College of Business & Technology, including the marketing of programs and the scheduling of classes.
- Attend and represent the University, college and Graduate Programs in Business & Technology at various recruiting and/or marketing events in the region served by Texas A&M University-Commerce.
- Oversees the proper and secure maintenance of student files/records and degree plans.
- Oversees the College of Business & Technology graduate student admission process..
- Reviews and approve all student degree plans and request for course substitutions.
- As needed, counsel with student on matters of student-faculty relations, student behavior, student academic work, and other University procedures and policies.
- Develops processes to insure high quality and standards in all College of Business & Technology graduate programs, including benchmarking the excellent business and technology master’s level programs in the United States.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Master‚??s degree in a filed of study relevant to the advising area. Must have a least two years business development experience, knowledge of student development, and a thorough institutional knowledge. Excellent computer, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises Graduate Assistants.