Position Title:Coordinator Facilities/Operations
Department:MRC (Rec Center)
Reports To:Associate Director - Facilities/Operations
Purpose of Position
Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive state-of-the-art facility and equipment for the Texas A&M University-Commerce community and overseeing all aspects of student employment of the Morris Recreation Center.
- Coordinates and supervises the preventative maintenance program for all equipment associated with the recreation facilities.
- Develops an annual written plan for maintenance of all recreation facilities.
- Oversees all maintenance on Morris Recreation, Tennis Courts, and all common areas surrounding areas.
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating and motivating all maintenance student workers.
- Develops, implements and manages the internal & external maintenance budgets.
- Responsible for all recreation and instructional class equipment set-up and take down.
- Provides monthly quantitative reports on facility and equipment usage.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and management of the maintenance budget.
- Coordinates and supervises the building attendants for the physical plant.
- Assists in the development and implementation of long-term and short-term goals for the department of Campus Recreation.
- Assists with the instruction and certification for Blood Borne Pathogens, CPR, First Aid, and AED education and training. All staff members are required to attend and complete certification courses each semester.
- Assists with staff development plans and annual student worker appraisals.
- Assists with all special events and/or programming within the Campus Recreation Department.
- Attend national, regional and state professional workshops and conferences.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Required: BachelorÔ??s degree in Recreation, Kinesiology, Sports Management or related field. Preferred: MasterÔ??s degree in Recreation, Kinesiology, Sports Management or related field. Requires Minimum of two (2) years experience with general maintenance of sports equipment. Must have one (1) year of experience with budgeting and risk management. Must possess current First Aid/CPR/AED certification. Must be proficient with BNWSI software. Must be able to work nights and weekends. Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills. Preferred: Four (4) years of facility management experience with at least one (1) year of general maintenance of sports equipment. Possess current First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor certification. Experience working with college-age employees. Experience working with Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point, etc.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises 10-15 student workers and two (2) full-time building attendants.