Position Title:Coordinator Call Center
Reports To:Director, Undergraduate Admissions
Purpose of Position
Responsible for assisting with questions and concerns for all areas within the Student Access and Success Division, with particular emphasis on Financial Aid and Scholarships, Admissions and Registrar, via phone, email and in person communications, while utilizing the highest standard of customer service skills. This position will also assist Testing Services, Office of Hispanic Outreach and Student Programs and University College. This position will assist in the supervision of the Call Center and front counter and staff.
- Answers telephone and gives information to students and prospective students and/or routes calls to appropriate departments.
- Maintains specific knowledge of current processes and procedures of the Division of Student Access and Success to adequately assist and advise students and prospective students.
- Answers routine inquiries requiring interpretations of federal, state and university financial aid and scholarship regulations.
- Requires detailed knowledge and familiarity of all university policies and procedures.
- Responsible for responding to inquires via e-mail.
- Assists in the supervision of the Call Center staff by coordinating work schedules to make sure that adequate coverage is provided.
- Serves as team lead by assisting in coordinating training activities for all Call Center and front counter staff.
- Utilize SIS Banner and EMAS databases to access information for customers and perform data entry as needed.
- Participates in cross training to assist with front counter responsibilities.
- Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
- Responsible for keeping office area neat and orderly and ensuring service excellence.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years of extensive customer service experience. Prefer experience working in a Call Center. Prefer experience with supervising staff.
Supervision of Personnel