Position Title:Coordinator for Academic Programs and Services
Reports To:Associate Vice-President for Academic & Student Affairs
Purpose of Position
Coordinates all A&M-Commerce undergraduate and graduate course offerings at Midlothian; works with Navarro College staff to plan and deliver on-site programs and support services.
- Facilitates communication between and within A&M-Commerce and Navarro College.
- Coordinates A&M-Commerce course offerings and degree programs at Midlothian in collaboration with collegiate deans and Academic Affairs.
- Coordinates all marketing efforts, including advertisements, attendance at events, advising workshops and presentations, etc., that result in student enrollment.
- Responds daily to general and specific inquiries regarding University policies and procedures so that individuals receive correct, timely, and pertinent information.
- Coordinates admission and registration activities for A&M-Commerce students at Midlothian, including, but not limited to , accepting applications, facilitating drops/adds, collecting tuition and fees and issuing receipts.
- Relates to, communicates with, and advises students in degrees offer by the university.
- Coordinates preparation and publication of course schedules and ensures efficient use of resources
- In cooperation with department heads, identifies and recruits qualified personnel to deliver courses and programs.
- Facilitates evaluation of faculty on behalf of academic department heads, establishes and monitors accomplishment of all goals and objectives, and prepares and submits semester reports to Academic Affairs.
- Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
- This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires MasterÔ??s degree; Doctorate degree preferred. Minimum of five (5) years teaching experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; excellent computer skills; proven ability to implement new initiatives successfully.
Supervision of Personnel