Position Title:Coordinator of Administrative Student Services
Reports To:Assistant Director Residential Living and Learning‚??Business Operations
Purpose of Position
Position is responsible for the supervision of the day to day operations of the Department of Residence Life. Focus on customer service and behind the scenes table generation and maintenance of the Banner Location Management Module. This position also makes decisions on contract lease request between the students and the University.
- Established working procedures for all aspects of the department in relation to computer entries and the system of placing and assessing changes t student accounts.
- Serves as liaison with Technology Services, Student Account, Financial Aid/Scholarships and Registrars Office.
- Handles all requests for changes in housing and meal plan contracts, including request for termination.
- Supervises the placement of all students in residence halls and notifies all student of room assignments and changes.
- Monitors all room and meal plan changes, ensuring that all appropriate charges are made in the correct account and that all established department practices are followed.
- Coordinates the development of various departmental reports with CTIS.
- Coordinates the weekly hall occupancy report process with the Hall Directors.
- Supervises the development of complete and accurate files on each resident in the residence halls.
- Responsible for “housing setup” and monitoring as well as updating of all screens and tables in Banner.
- Builds and maintains Housing Rates Tables and Assignment Period Calendar.
- Builds and maintains Banner Tables for Assignment process to include Residence Hall and Room inventories, room attributes and roommate table.
- Works directly with students and parents during the assignment process.
- Supervises the collection of student payments, posting to the appropriate accounts, and forwards payment and supporting documentation to Fiscal Office.
- Supervises cashiers and oversees balancing of computer recap report with money collected and cashiers receipts.
- Assists in developing, updating and interpreting departmental policies and procedures.
- Serves as a representative of the Department of Residence Life on various University committees.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent, degree preferred. Requires four (4) year experience in a university setting. Requires two years university housing experience. Five years cashier/accounts payable experience preferred. Knowledge of business communications and advanced knowledge of Banner and Housing Module required. Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Supervision of Personnel
Administrative Assistant and Cashier.