Position Title:Coordinator of Admissions Processing
Reports To:Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Purpose of Position
Responsible for coordinating the processors who facilitate the Texas A&M University-Commerce undergraduate admissions processes in accordance with the prescribed admission policy as outlined in the University‚??s Police and Procedures manual and the Undergraduate Catalog. Responsible for performing quality assurance checks on all assigned work to ensure strict adherence to established specifications and handling procedures/policies. Examine, evaluate and enter student academic records to determine admissions eligibility using the student information system. This position enters applications and evaluates transfer transcripts submitted by prospective and current students in preparation for student enrollment, degree planning dn advisement. To provide timely and accurate information and to assist in the development of resources for use by prospective and current students, community college advisors, admission recruiters/officials, academic/faculty advisors in support of freshman/transfer student recruitment, admissions, enrollment and advisement.
- Supervises five processors and their daily activities within the admissions office. Coordinates all training and updates to processes, procedures and policies when they are needed.
- Responsible for performing quality assurance checks on all assigned work to ensure strick adherence to established specifications and handling procedures/policies.
- Evaluates academic transcripts from colleges and universities in preparation for admission to the university, degree planning and academic advisement. Includes data entry of transfer credit into the student information system (BANNER).
- Researches and reviews transfer courses for the purpose of making recommendations to the Director for the determination of course equivalencies.
- Assists with the maintenance of the transfer articulation database module of the student information systems and production of equivalency guides.
- Provides information, as needed, to academic and departmental advisors about transfer articulation issues as related to specific students.
- Performs in depth analysis of specific application types for review by academic colleges, and/or departments.
- Moves current applications to following semester per the student’s request.
- Exercises independent judgement in assessing the qualifications of each International student applicant for admission. Codes the International admission application for data entry into the Student Information System, an integrated software system.
- Exercise independent judgment in assessing the qualifications of each applicant for admission according to university policies and procedures.
- Counsels denied admissions their options at a community college before they can re-apply for future admissions to A&M Commerce.
- Responsible for the data enry of admissions information into the Student Information System. Date entry involves entering information on multiple screens. Responsible for the accuracy of information entered into the integrated software system.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Bachelor‚??s degree or sufficient equivalent experience of 3-4 years will substitute. A thorough and working knowledge of federal, state and Texas A&M University-Commerce laws, regulations, practices and procedures pertaining to student financial aid and admissions. A high level of interpersonal and oral communications skills. A thorough and working knowledge of computerized student information system (SIS). The initiative to keep abreast of all changing regulations. Must have analytical skills.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises student worker.