Position Title:Coordinator of Annual & Special Programs
Department:Advancement, VP for
Reports To:Director of Advancement
Purpose of Position
The Coordinator of Annual & Special Programs is responsible for the overall operation of Annual Programs for Texas A&M University-Commerce. This individual will have primary responsibility for the development and management of a comprehensive, strategic, integrated effort to build the base of individual donors and increase the level of support through annual giving at A&M-Commerce by overseeing cultivation and solicitation via direct mail, telephone outreach, and new media initiatives with alumni, friends, faculty/staff, students and parents.
- Works as an integral part of a larger management team to establish overall goals and strategies for increasing private support for the university.
- Develops strategic plans for donor acquisition, renewals, and upgrades, analyzing and communicating results; identify and implement opportunities to improve campaign performance and develop new program opportunities.
- Sets goals, objectives and a calendar for annual solicitation of A&M-Commerce constituent groups. Collaborates with Deans, Department heads, and development officers to maintain a stable level of communication in relation to solicitation.
- Effectively communicates overall design and message for direct mail items by working collaboratively with graphic designers, web designers, editors and photographers to to acquire, retain and upgrade donors.
- Develops and implements a strategic plan with measured evaluation of giving trends and rate of return.
- Increases awareness and understanding of the value of philanthropy, especially annual giving, among A&M-Commerce constituents.
- Manages all aspects of electronic appeals including planning, messaging, segmenting and writing copy, in addition to ensuring integration with social media platforms.
- Oversees the recruitment, hiring, training, motivating, termination, discipline, evaluation and overall success of telephone outreach program.
- Manages the cultivation and solicitation of parents, faculty/staff and young alumni.
- Oversees the development and management of Lions for Life by determining eligibility and retaining members.
- Develops special annual solicitations for all departments, schools, and colleges.
- Responsible for annual giving website content.
- Plans and organizes annual donor recognition events for annual donor constituencies.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a bachelorÔ??s degree from an accredited institution. Minimum 3 years of experience and progressive responsibility in annual giving, marketing and/or public relations, or related field. Experience in recruiting, hiring, and training staff and volunteers. Excellent oral and written communication skills, good organizational skills, ability to work well with colleagues and students. Ability to manage several large projects simultaneously. Preferred requirements: Knowledgeable with online communication systems; including, content management systems and social networking platforms. Knowledgeable of annual giving operations and an understanding of necessary steps needed to expand donor participation. Experience using RaiserÔ??s Edge.
Supervision of Personnel