Position Title:Coordinator of Communications Outreach
Department:Advancement, VP for
Reports To:Coordinator of Annual & Special Programs
Purpose of Position
Assists with the overall operation of Annual Programs for Texas A&M University-Commerce. Primary responsibility for overseeing solicitation via telephone outreach and new media initiatives with alumni, friends, faculty/staff, student and parents.
- Recruit interview and hire student callers.
- Trans student callers, so they become familiar with the CAMPUSCALL system, targeted segments as well as ways in which to build rapport, secure gifts and address university related issues.
- Continually evaluate student callers, set team and individual goals.
- Develop a schedule with callers to keep the call center functioning at full capacity.
- Work with Advancement Services to secure a clean call list for intended segment. Assists with data clean-up.
- Develops and/or edits appropriate scripts.
- Provides daily summaries of the phonathon to the Coordinator of Annual & Special Programs. Uses statistical data to analyze telephone outreach and recommend strategies for continual improvement of the program.
- Creates and facilitates the distribution of email and letters as follow-up to inquiries posed during phone calls.
- Works with the Coordinator of Annual & Special Programs to develop a solicitation calendar that is a reference guild of segments being asked and when.
- Works with the Coordinator of Annual & Special Programs to implement special annual solicitations for all departments and colleges.
- Supports other advancement activities in various capacities as needed.
- Develops and implements strategies to educate and subsequently increase student participation.
- Assists in maintaining contact information for alumni, former students and friends.
- Works in coordination with all relevant offices on campus to involve students in activities that support the university development program.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution. One to three (1-3) years experience in a development or experience in marketing, sales or public relations. Must have project coordination skills and superior communication skills, including writing and presentation skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Discretion with confidential information. Experience in Annual fund work and familiarity with institutions of higher education preferred. Working knowledge of RaiserÔ??s Edge preferred.
Supervision of Personnel