Position Title:Coordinator of Curriculum, Catalogs and Schedules
Reports To:Associate Registrar
Purpose of Position
Provides administrative support to the Registrar. Responsible for processes related to academic curriculum changes and new programs. Responsible for the preparation of the schedule of classes and catalogs. Responsible for classroom scheduling utilizing Ad Astra. Operates under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads.
- Completes all processes related to academic curriculum changes. Requests changes annually and prepares requests for review by appropriate committees. Prepares reports of course changes, program outline changes and new programs for Dean Council. Update curriculum changes on computer system. Prepares compilation of changes and distributes to appropriate offices.
- Maintains local course inventory. Receives new course information from departments each semester. Updates new courses into Banner system and verifies that changes match Coordinating Board Course Inventory.
- Tracks courses that have been deleted from the course inventory under the “Three Year Untaught Rule” and submits requests to add courses back to inventory. Receives justification for courses and forwards information to the Coordinating Board.
- Prepares Schedule of Classes two times per year. Coordinates gathering of data from each department/area. Prepares schedule and provides copies to each department for proofing. Provides the Coordinating Board with two copies of printed schedule. Maintains files of previous year schedules.
- Requests records of small classes taught at this institution and distributes to the Deans’ offices to determine sections to be eliminated due to cross-listing, Federation and variable credit course.
- Coordinates with Facilities to verify accuracy of Room Type Coding on the Building/Room Inventory. Verifies accurate assignment of meeting times for organized classes and assignment to classrooms. Verifies off-campus classes are available for viewing on the web. Works with Graduate School to obtain authority for offering classes at new off-campus locations.
- Responsible for classroom scheduling and monitoring classroom usage. Updates activities and classes to the Banner system. Assures accuracy of classroom use report submitted to the Coordinating Board and works with departments to add usage where applicable. Adds special features of classroom on the Banner and Banner system.
- Prepares undergraduate catalog. Makes initial corrections and revisions and distributes to department heads and deans for changes and or corrections. Provides copy of catalog to Coordinating Board.
- Enters student course information into Banner from old transcripts on an as needed basis.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent, BachelorÔ??s degree is preferred. Requires 5 years higher education experience preferably in RegistrarÔ??s office. Good computer skills and knowledge needed; with ability to demonstrate word processing and spreadsheet experience. Experience with Coordinating Board reporting and University rules and policies is preferred. Must be able to work under deadlines independently and as a team member. Experience with Banner preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Student workers and graduate assistant.