Position Title:Coordinator of Gift Processing
Department:Advancement, VP for
Reports To:Director of Advancement Services
Purpose of Position
This position has significant responsibilities in the areas of data and gift entry to ensure that all cash gifts, stock donations, payroll deductions, bank drafts, recurring gifts, and pledges are accurately recorded in the RaiserÔ??s Edge database and reconciled with the Financial Office.
- Coordinates and prioritizes day-to-day gift processing activities and ensures accurate processing and stewardship of gifts.
- Supervises the accurate processing of checks, credit cards, and electronic funds transfers for unrestricted and restricted gifts, including all Alumni Relations deposits and expenditures.
- Reconciles batches with Raiser’s Edge (RE) and prepares batches for daily deposit.
- Communicates with Director of Advancement Services to ensure accurate processing of gifts and to ensure financial integrity and accuracy.
- Coordinates monthly employee payroll deductions (Bridge Builders) with Director of Employment Services, reconciles batch, and makes monthly deposit.
- Processes contributions made through the on-line gift form on the University’s website, as well as other credit card transactions.
- Processes special handling of non-routine deposits.
- Records donors’ pledges in RE and maintain campaign pledge files.
- Tracks outstanding pledges and produces pledge reminder letters to donors and reports as appropriate. Provides pledge payment forecast reports to Director of Advancement Services.
- Adjusts gifts and pledges as directed by the Director of Advancement Services.
- Updates biographical data in RE as provided by constituent’s information on checks and/or correspondence.
- Responsible for overseeing the Foundation excellence accounts and assisting departmental offices with the expenditures from these accounts, to include credit card transactions, internal purchases, external purchases, and budget transfers.
- Prepares and maintains the Foundation operating budgets.
- Purchases and maintains office supplies for the Advancement Services office, to include office inventory and postage.
- Assists in handling telephone calls and emails, as well as providing customer service to alumni and constituents.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all gifts through the Foundation and other office assignments.
- Assists the Director of Advancement Services and the Vice President for Institutional Advancement with special events and other duties as deemed necessary
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a bachelorÔ??s degree or a minimum of (5) years experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in higher education. Extensive computer software experience including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of RaiserÔ??s Edge database containing Foundation and Alumni constituent information is preferred. Experience in general accounting principles, business communications, spelling, punctuation, and office procedures. Ability to act independently and make decisions as required in the absence of the Director for Advancement Services.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises the graduate assistants and student workers in the office of Advancement Services.