Position Title:Assistant Director Maintenance/Outdoor Facilities
Department:MRC (Rec Center)
Reports To:Associate Director
Purpose of Position
Responsible for maintainin, state-of-the-art equipment within the Department of Campus Recreationâ??s Morris Recreation Center. Supervises and performs routine turf maintenance of sport fields, maintenance and care of field equipment, sport field set-up and general maintenance and upkeep of Morris Recreation Center, Great Out-Roars, Cain Sports Complex, the Challenge Course and Disc Golf Course.
- Performs routine field maintenance of all existing areas with the Department of Campus Recreation and maintains all the area surrounding and including the Challenge Course and the Disc Golf Course.
- Performs routine, maintenance and repair of sports fileds facility including turf condition, irrigation and lighting (as qualified to perform).
- Operates light tractor, mowers, field chalkers, and other turf grass maintenance equipment.
- Assists with handling of materials, supplies and special set-up of sports equipment and fields.
- Performs routine maintenance services and make temporary and minor repair as able on all motorized quipment and hand tools.
- Performs routine maintenance services and makes temporary and minor repairs to equipment dn facilities in the Morris Rec Cnter and Great Out-Roars.
- Hires, trains, schedules, motivates and evaluates all maintenance/field staffs.
- Performs pesticide and chemical application and soil testing where applicable.
- Develops and manages annual maintenance/field budgets.
- Coordinates purchase, inventory and maintenance of equipment used to keep outdoor sport fields maintained.
- Assists in general maintenance and upkeep of aquatics area.
- Assists other staff members with other events or programs.
- Serves on national, regional, university or departmental committees.
- Assists with the long and short range goals for the the department.
- Attends local, regional or national workshops and conferences.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Required: Bachelorâ??s degree required. Four (40 year experience with outdoor facilities and maintenance issues. CPR/1st Aid/AED certified. Supervisory experience with college student, knowledge of turf management. Preferred: Masterâ??s degree with six (6) years outdoor facilities and maintenance issues. Tur management certificate.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises student workers and 9 month contract position.