Position Title:Coordinator of Mass Media, Communication & Theatre Activities
Department:Mass Media, Communication and Theatre
Reports To:Department Head
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the coordination of activities in the Department of Mass Media, Communication & Theatre.
- Serves as the administrative assistant to the four separate academic divisions. The department are Theatre, Speech, Radio Television and Journalism.
- Oversees the box office manager and prepares deposits from shows.
- Prepares and processes the rights for play performed.
- Responsible for the day-to-day budget operations for the departments that consist of 97 fiscal accounts.
- Monitors and analyzes departmental budgets and works with staff or other account managers to address routine budget issues.
- Coordinates year-end budget roll-over requests.
- Prepares and processes budget transfers.
- Prepares and makes entries to FAMIS an dFFX.
- Prepares invoices for payment.
- Maintains department level records, files and reports such as payroll for 30-35 student workers, Gas, GANTS and GTAs.
- Prepares and routes paperwork for hiring, terminations and reclassifications personnel and maintains files of Personnel Action Forms of the departments within the division.
- Reserves rooms, plans menus and coordinates special events with food service provider (Sodexho).
- Manages office activity in helping with student workers and GA/s for all departments.
- Prepares travel documents.
- Maintains log and processes paperwork for spot purchasing with Procard.
- Greets guests on daily basis and high level visitors.
- Maintains departments inventory.
- Contacts appropriate individual for equipment repairs and performs simple preventative maintenance on office equipment.
- Opens, reads, and distributes mail: assembles related material for use by supervisor in answering mail; may answer routine inquiries requiring interrelations of departmental regulations. Prepares outgoing mail.
- Answers telephone and give information to callers or routes call to appropriate area. Schedule appointments.
- Coordinates scheduling of classes for departments and off-campus locations.
- OInput new course information or updating existing course information in the Banner system.
- Handles daily email inquires and requests form faculty and students.
- May provide training and act in lead capacity for Administrative Secretary I and clerical staff.
- Interface with the community on events that need posting on Cable 3.
- Prepares purchase requisitions and personal service contracts.
- Oversees that building is prepared for plays as scheduled.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent Bachelor‚??s degree preferred. Requires five to ten (5-10) years secretarial experience. Good computer skills and ability to use word processing and spreadsheet programs. Knowledge of budgets and accounting helpful.
Supervision of Personnel
Student workers, GA‚??s and TA‚??s.