Position Title:Coordinator of Music Activities
Reports To:Department Head
Purpose of Position
Responsible for coordination of all activities within the Music department.
- Manages the Music Department’s 51 fiscal accounts. Prepared purchase requisitions, personal service contracts travel vouchers. Monitors and reconciles account balances. Report GA and adjunct payroll. Collects recital recording and practice room checkout fees.
- Manages the Music Department’s scholarship program. Prepares disbursements from multiple accounts. Monitors and reports recipient eligibility (GPA and semester hours). Prepares documentation and certificates for endowed scholarships.
- Manages the Music Department;s inventory. Prepares and files inventory reports. Updates Departments FFX and inventory records. Collects and approves music inventory reports for the Music Department’s divisions (instrumental, keyboard, percussion, vocal) distributors practice room keys.
- Coordinates the Music Department’s Activity Calendar. Maintains and schedules the Department’s rehearsal and performance calendar. Assigns and schedules recording crew. Prepares recital and concert programs.
- Manages personnel records for department’s 28 employees, guest artists/clinicians, and students. Prepares PAF’s and contracts. Reports GA and student worker hours. Prepares adjunct hiring forms. Maintains full-time faculty personnel files Maintains graduate and undergraduate student files. Maintains archival copies of all recital and concert programs.
- Prepares the requisite course offering documentation, including entries of semester course offerings into Banner and course offering reports to College of Arts and Sciences.
- Provides all clerical services to the department.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Bachelor‚??s degree, degree in Business Administration preferred. Experience in accounting or banking required.. Knowledge of music instruments and music program design required.
Supervision of Personnel
Students and GA‚??s