Position Title:Curriculum Specialist
Reports To:Head Reference Services
Purpose of Position
Responsible for coordinating Curriculum Library collections, activities and services, including the maintenance and accessibility of the Curriculum and J & Y materials. Provides general oversight of the unit.
- Directs users to appropriate library sources in all formats related to teacher education.
- Instructs patrons individually and in classroom groups in the use ot eh Curriculum and J&Y collections to locate appropriate materials to meet lesson planning and other needs.
- Instruct patrons in the use of the state adopted textbook collection, lesson planning materials and standardized tests for both students and teachers, which requires familiarity with the public education system in Texas
- Facilitates the use of all library resources, including LION (online catalog), electronic databases, reference materials and Internet sources.
- Selects, schedules, trains and supervises Curriculum Library par-time library assistants and student assistants.
- Oversees maintenance of the stat-adopted textbook collection.
- Edits ILS records as necessary.
- Participates in collection development activities, including selection and deselection of materials. Prepares order lists for books using TitleSource III and other library resources.
- Supervises processing of materials in the curriculum collection.
- Collects statistics for annual reporting.
- Supervises stacks maintenance of curriculum materials..
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent. BachelorÔ??s degree in education preferred. Requires two or more years Library experience. Sixty or more hours of higher education credit may substitute for library experience. Must have ability to maintain records, train and supervise student assistants, and make minor decisions in accordance with departments policies. Strong communications, interpersonal and computer skills are necessary.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises two or more part-time employees and/or student assistants.