Position Title:Custodial Supervisor
Reports To:Director/Asst. Director
Purpose of Position
Responsible for custodial operations and cleanliness of all university facilities, educational and housing, including supervision of Assistant Custodial Supervisor and all Building Attendants on both day and night shifts.
- Prioritizes and assigns all work orders and provides technical support and assistance for all employees.
- Interviews and hires employees and ensures all employees are properly trained.
- Responsible for the condition and cleanliness of all buildings and establishment of a document of building inspection process that assists building attendants in improving their performance and is responsive to the customers needs.
- Maintains inventory of supplies.
- Responsible for the overall closing and opening of university facilities.
- Approves all custodial employee attendance records and vacation requests.
- Counsels employees regarding performance and takes disciplinary action in consultation with the Director.
- Responsible for the assignment of special duty concerning all graduations and other special activities.
- Responsible for planning of the assignment of all employees to the campus and housing facilities.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent with eight to ten (8 to 10) years related experience. Requires a minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience. Must have a valid Texas driverÔ??s license. Must have knowledge of the safe operation and training in the use of various types of custodial equipment and chemicals. Must have knowledge of safety training and hazmat (hazardous materials) training. Must have a working knowledge for Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises two (2) Assistant Custodial Supervisors and Building Attendants I, II, and III., approximately 60 employees.