Position Title:Data Analyst
Reports To:Assistant to the President for Planning and Institutional Effectiveness
Purpose of Position
Coordinates standardized state and federal reports issuing fro the Office of Institutional Research. Coordinates standardized external data requests and maintains the Common Data Set. Assists in data analysis, both written and oral, in support of the institutional research and institutional effectiveness efforts of the university.
- Coordinates official responses to Federal IPEDS and state LBB data requests.
- Coordinates official responses to standardized external requests for institutional data and information and maintains the Common Data Set.
- Works with appropriate university personnel in administering and maintaining a PC based faculty database.
- Utilizes computer software to convert and manipulate files from on format to another for internal and/or external use.
- Assists, as needed, in the preparation of university reports for state and/or accrediting agencies.
- Assists in the preparation and provision of data for various university projects.
- Works with appropriate university personnel in administering or assisting in administrating, collecting data, reading results, and analyzing various faculty, alumni, and/or student surveys.
- Assists in the preparation of University Fact Book and other statistical reports for the university.
- Retrieves student data for analysis and reports from the university student information system and other data sources.
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes data with Statistical Package for Social Scientist (SPSS) analytical software and provides reports of the results.
- Creates and documents visual presentations as requested by university personnel for on/off campus presentations.
- Utilizes scanning and optical character reading (OCR) software to convert questionnaires, graphics and hardcopy reports into computer generated files.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a MasterÔ??s degree. Must posses exceptional PC skills for a broad range of computer functions including: word processing, spreadsheet, data base and presentation graphics. Preferred skills include: SPSS, programming and main frame knowledge. Must be familiar with statistical techniques and be able to interpret results.
Supervision of Personnel
Occasionally supervises graduate assistant.