Position Title:Dean - CBT
Department:CBT (College of Business and Technology)
Reports To:Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs
Purpose of Position
Serves as the chief administrative officer of the College of Business and Technology in all matters related to academic affairs, faculty, and student affairs.
- Provides leadership, incentive, and direction for program development across all academic, research, and service domains of the college.
- Serves as the college’s primary representative and advocate to the administration of the university and to the college’s wide ranging constituencies.
- Coordinates the preparation of the budget and allocates resources to all programs of instruction, research, and service within the college.
- Oversees and approves all fiscal and operational decisions affecting the personnel, materials, equipment, and physical plant of the college.
- Provides leadership and maintains college accreditation standards with the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Oversees and recommends approval of the recruitment and employment of faculty, department/unit administrators, graduate assistants, and classified staff.
- Oversees and recommends approval of all actions which relate to the retention, promotion, and tenure of faculty within the college.
- Promotes, approves, and oversees equitable procedures for the evaluation of faculty and the provision of salary adjustments.
- Reviews and approves all curricular offerings, degree plans, graduate theses, dissertations, and programs of study.
- Represents the College on administrative policy-making university bodies and serves on appropriate councils and committees.
- Assures college adherence to policies regulations, and procedures of the university and state and federal governments.
- Provides leadership in the acquisition of resources from public and private sources, including the university, state, federal government, foundations, industry, and individuals.
- Promotes diversity in the college’s student body, faculty, and classified staff through aggressive support of affirmative action and equal opportunity principles.
- Hears student grievances and complaints, administers regulations concerning student probation, suspension, and reinstatement in the college.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a doctoral degree with ten (10) years experience in academic affairs and five (5) years experience as an academic department head. Computer skills in word processing, database, and spread sheets desirable.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises 33 full-time faculty, 30 staff and three (3) centers.