Position Title:Dean Honors College
Reports To:Vice President of Student Access and Success
Purpose of Position
Responsible for overseeing administration of all events and activities of the Honors College and University Scholars Program, including recruitment, scheduling and staffing of classes, and arranging extra curricular activities.
- Serves as the college’s primary representative and advocate to the administration of the university and to the college’s constituencies.
- Recruits and focuses on retention of students for the Honors College.
- Coordinates allocation of Honors College scholarships.
- Coordinates housing of Honors College student in Prairie Crossing Apartments.
- Chairs University Honors Council.
- Serves as a member of all search committees for Honors Faculty.
- Consults on the scheduling and staffing of Honors sections, including Honors Colloquia.
- Evaluates faculty who teach Honors sections.
- Reviews and approves all curricular offerings, honors theses, and programs of study.
- Arranges, coordinates and attends all Honors College events and activities.
- Assures college adherence to policies, regulations and procedures of the university, state and federal governments.
- Oversees and approves all fiscal and operational decisions affecting the personnel, materials and equipment of the college.
- Coordinates University Honors Day Event.
- Acts as a liaison between and among the offices of Financial Aid, Scholarships and Financial Services.
- Acts as advisor for the Alpha Chi Honors Society.
- Acts as official university liaison for the Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires earned Doctorate, or terminal degree in an academic field. Requires experience working with students. Must have teaching and administrative experience. Excellent communication and administrative skills.
Supervision of Personnel
Assistant to the Director of Honors, Director of Honors Student Success.