Position Title:Dean of Enrollment Management
Department:Enrollment and Retention
Reports To:Vice President for Student Access and Success
Purpose of Position
Chief administrative officer of Enrollment Management responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, analysis and general supervision of all programs related to recruiting and retaining undergraduate students. Also assists where possible in the planning for graduate student recruiting and enrollment.
- Develops and implements the university’s strategic enrollment and marketing plan across the institution.
- Oversees and directs, as necessary , the directors and operations of Registration and Records, Freshman Admissions, Transfer Admissions, Hispanic Outreach, and New Student Orientation, Student Financial Aid, Scholarships and such other offices as may be assigned under this function.
- Manages the budget for the Office of Enrollment Management and oversees utilization of all budgets in the division, directing changes as needed to maximize effectiveness..
- Hears and decides on a limited number student appeals from University hearing committees on Financial Aid, Admissions, Registration and Scholarships.
- Develops programs designed to aid in the recruitment and retention and graduation of a culturally diverse and academically qualified undergraduate student population.
- Reviews and assesses processes established for attracting and retaining adult (non-traditional) undergraduate students.
- Establishes numerical goals by class (freshman, sophomore, etc.) test scores, gender, race/ethnicity, geographic and economic status for recruiting, numbers of new undergraduate students in conjunction with the Enrollment Management Directors, Institutional research, the Deans’ Council and PAC for each academic year.
- Assists with and facilitates implementation and operation of student information systems as requested in cooperation with enrollment management offices and Computing, Telecommunication and Information Systems.
- Visits community colleges and high schools for recruiting and public relations purposes and is responsible for developing and implementing inter-institutional and dual credit agreements.
- Sets performance expectations and customer service standards for each office in Enrollment Management and annually monitors and evaluates office functions against those standards.
- Recruits, hires, supervises, evaluates and terminates directors reporting to the dean and oversees and recommends approval for the recruitment and employment of staff in the Enrollment Management Area.
- Represents Enrollment Management offices on internal administrative and police-making university committees and represents the institution on TAMU or THECB committees.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a Masters degree with five (5) years related experience, training in marketing and management preferred. Doctorate preferred. Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills essential
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises: Assistant to the Dean, Directors of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Undergraduate Admissions, Registrar, Hispanic Outreach and New Student Orientation.