Position Title:Director Childrens' Learning Center
Department:Children's Learning Center
Reports To:Dean of Students
Purpose of Position
Responsible for administration of the Children's Learning Center as directed by the guidelines set forth in Texas Minimum Standards for Day Care Centers. Serves as liaison between Dean of Students and the Texas Department of Human Services and assures that the Children's Learning Center provides optimal care and other support services to student families, and that the program complies with specified guidelines and is consistent with the aims and philosophies of the University.
- Supervises records and determines that state licensing requirements are met.
- Meets with fire and sanitation officials as they make their annual inspections.
- Complies with recommendations made at such inspections and informs proper authorities of compliance in writing.
- Ensures that regular emergency drills are held in each class.
- Develops, justifies, and manages Children's Learning Center departmental budgets.
- Sends out tuition notices if needed.
- Maintains the proper audit procedures for program funds and regulations.
- Inventories equipment and supplies and replaces as necessary.
- Reports to and acts as liaison between the board, administration of the University, and staff of the Children's Learning Center.
- Promotes the center and maintains continuing public relations with the community.
- Designs and implements the educational component of the center.
- Plans and implements the program of parent involvement, including meetings and information relative to the center's programs. Holds parent conferences as necessary.
- Keeps parents informed and up to date on policies, procedures, and center rules.
- Coordinates activities of the center and volunteers and supervises day-to-day functions of program.
- Supervises curriculum development and organizes parties, programs, and other special activities throughout the year.
- Handles any "Thank You" notes or proper acknowledgments needed for donations, volunteers, etc.
- Directs practicum and observation experience for students in various academic departments.
- Supervises the center's physical facilities, including follow-up of repair/maintenance.
- Supervises the Child Care Food Program.
- Supervises and reports on Child Care Management Services (CCMS) Children.
- Serves as care giver/teacher at specific times when additional staff supervision is necessary.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires bachelor's degree with at least twelve (12) credit hours of child development or early childhood education and a minimum of one year of experience in a center. Teaching experience, preferably at the early childhood level with experience in curriculum and program planning, teacher supervision, and/or administration preferred. Experience with or demonstrated ability to manage money, personnel, and the program of a day care facility and sufficient public relations skills to work effectively with University personnel and student families helpful.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervise full time staff and student workers.