Position Title:Director Sam Rayburn Student Center
Department:MSC (Student Center)
Reports To:Dean of Campus Life & Student Development
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the overall organization and administration of a comprehensive student center operation which provides maximum opportunities for the Texas A&M University-Commerce community.
- Interprets, updates and institutes policies and procedures to assure that the department complies with national, state and University regulations.
- Contribute to development of services and strategies for the retention of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Develops, implements and manages the departmental budget.
- Recruits, selects, trains and provides supervision and consultation for professional staff members
- Responsible for the day to day operations of a comprehensive student center operation.
- Develops long-term and short-term goals for the department.
- Responsible for the continuous strategic planning for the department and the development of new initiatives in order to meet the needs of the various target populations.
- Provides leadership and oversight for all divisions within the department. Divisions include: Operations, Scheduling, Campus Activities, Pride Shop, Marketing and New Media, The Club, Student Organizations, Greek Life, Leadership and Maintenance Services.
- Responsible for staff development by providing ongoing professional training and performs annual staff appraisals.
- Provides leadership of the continuous development and improvement of the departmental customer service philosophy. This includes the implementation of staff retreats, for all employees (full-time and students), to be held at the beginning of each semester.
- Develops a comprehensive risk management program for the department.
- Develops collaborative efforts with both educational and civic groups to design, develop and deliver appropriate programs for a comprehensive student center program.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
BachelorÔ??s degree required, MasterÔ??s degree preferred. A minimum of five (5) years full-time higher educational experience is required, preferably in student union management. Experience in working with diverse populations is preferred. Knowledge of union operations. Knowledge of student activities.
Supervision of Personnel
Eight (8) professional staff, two (2) administrative assistants, and three (3) graduate assistants.