Position Title:Director Student Assessment
Department:Academic and Student Affairs, VP and Provost for
Reports To:Assistant VP for Academic Affairs
Purpose of Position
Responsible for managing student assessment and evaluation including administration of local, state, and national tests which are used to admit students into college or into academic programs, to place students into and out-of academic coursework, and to meet degree requirements.
- Develops and disseminates information and materials about the testing program.
- Communicates with appropriate university officials about student outcomes on standardized tests.
- Maintains files of student reports of tests as required by the university or the state. Tests include Junior Level Essay (JLE), Texas Academic Skills Program (TASP), American College Test (ACT), Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Coordinates testing site schedule with Office of Vice President and campus activity coordinator.
- Coordinates with data processing center the input of score reports from national agencies into the central computer information system.
- Develops office budgets and monitors accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Counsels students and other consumers about different aspects of testing in order to educate them about the importance of testing and how testing affects their lives.
- Interprets information received from national testing agencies and from accreditation agencies for use in developing summative reports to university officials and/or for evaluating student outcomes.
- Assists in developing and/or updating assessment procedures, recording of data, and reporting of student assessment outcomes.
- Maintains appropriate procedures for test security.
- Administers tests according to state and national guidelines each time tests are scheduled..
- Administers and coordinates local diagnostic tests and the Junior Level Essay exam according to established policies and procedures.
- Assists Academic Advising by providing diagnostic test results used in placing students into appropriate coursework.
- Assists through research in investigating issues and/or problems facing the institution or programs.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires related MasterÔ??s degree, Doctorate is preferred. Requires one to two (1-2) years of related experience preferably in higher education.. Good communication skills and attention to detail essential.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervise secretary and graduate assistant and multiple part-time employees.