Position Title:Director Contract Administration
Reports To:Assistant Vice President for Business and Administration
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the efficient planning, organizing, staff, and managing of the centralized Contract Administration Department. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Business and Administration, directs the activities of an Administrative Assistant. Provides oversight in the creation and implementation of departmental operations procedures. Ensures adherence to State, System and University policies and rules. Directs the maintenance of all Contract records required by state guideline as well as the CPS Texas Procurement and Support Services.
- Leads in the development of effective procurement and contract administration strategies to best achieve institutional goal as specified by the board of Regents and senior executives.
- Serves and provides direction as a member of the Vice Presidential Council and University Strategic Planning Committee.
- Represents contract administration organization by serving on University wide Planning and Capital equipment procurement committees.
- Represents University at CPA Texas Procurement and Support Services forums, professional conferences, procurement seminars, vendor expositions and as contractual liaison between contractors, sub-contractors, tenants and customers.
- Manages and directs the examination of performance requirements, delivery schedules and estimates of cost for complex contractual matters for the University.
- Directs the preparation and review of all contractual documents.
- Generates and maintains required documentation for CPA Texas Procurement and Support Services compliance.
- Serves as lead point-of-contract for University procurement audits, vendor challenges, and membership in Institutional Buying Cooperatives.
- Promotes positive vendor relationships and vendor management policies through frequent contacts, both on and off campus.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a bachelorÔ??s degree in related field, masterÔ??s degree in related field highly preferred with eight (8) related contract experience. Ability to provide leadership in the use of automation in procurement and to serve as the liaison between institutional departments, vendors, and CPA Texas Procurement and Support Services necessary. Must possess excellent communication skills and an interpersonal service-oriented attitude. Must have a commitment to problem solving. Must posses strong organizational and analytical abilities.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises an Administrative Assistant and student worker..