Position Title:Director Leadership Engagement and Development
Department:Students, Dean of
Reports To:Dean Campus Life and Student Development
Purpose of Position
The Leadership Engagement and Development (L.E.A.D.) Department at Texas A&M University-Commerce is nationally recognized as a premier program for preparing student to be agents of positive change. The department develop socially responsible leaders through leadership education, service-learning and global education. Creative experiential education will promote students to foster a commitment to lifelong learning and holistic development. Responsible for development and implementing a comprehensive approach to leadership engagement and development.
- Develops and implements a cohesive and integrated leadership vision to be executed in and outside of the classroom for Texas A&M University-Commerce.
- Hires, supervises, trains and evaluates staff members.
- Works in close collaboration with Campus Life and Student Development, Academic Affairs and Enrollment Management to promote student engagement, retention and leadership development.
- With the assistance of faculty, develop a holistic leadership environment for students in various programs, scholarships and colleges.
- Oversees the implementation, training and evaluation of the Leadership Coaches Program.
- Oversees and implements leadership retreats and programs for student leaders.
- Directs programs (and program staff) and presenters for campus leadership initiatives.
- Involvement in professional and national organizations.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a MasterÔ??s degree in higher education, student personnel, education administration or a related field and a minimum of three to four years experience in college student development, organizational development, college student programming, and/or leadership. Knowledge of leadership theory and student development. Experience with campus wide programming/workshops in the realm of leadership. Experience managing and creating comprehensive budget. Experience with developing student leaders in a higher education setting. Experience with first year student programming and community engagement; demonstrated creativity; self-motivation; student-centeredness and sensitivity to all aspects of diversity; and prior work experience on a college campus preferred. Experience managing and supervision of staff and students preferred. StrengthQuest Educator preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Assistant Director and Graduate Assistant