Position Title:Director of COEHS Innovation Strategies and Special Projects
Department:COEHS (College of Education and Human Services)
Reports To:COEHS Dean
Purpose of Position
Oversees and executes a variety of projects designed to support the Dean of College of Education and Human Services broader strategic goals for the continued growth and transformation of global education and its delivery through new opportunities. Representative projects include development of a road-map of the Deanā??s strategic initiatives, identification or new market opportunities, and projects related to innovation and enterprising ideas. The person will work closely with the Dean to ensure the success of the COEHS initiatives that prepare student and faculty for global engagement and emerging ideas and technologies.
- Coordinates outreach strategies to build, promote and enhance college projects and programs. Initiates and builds relationships with school districts, community/junior colleges and global partners.
- Oversees and manages current and new initiatives including the COEHS Mentor Center, external partnerships, summer institutes, conferences and experimental learning programs.
- Researches, develops and manages additional opportunities and initiatives that will enhance the college mission.
- Prepares status reports on project plans, progress and results of activities. Communicates the progress of projects and programs to ensure the appropriate people are informed. Meets frequently with the Dean. Presents status and progress to various entities as directed by the Dean.
- Serves as the communication liaison for projects and events by disseminating information to stakeholders-The Colleges, departments, external partnerships and any other course sharing organization or global education partners.
- Develops, prepares and edits reports, publications, presentations correspondence, newsletters, articles, bulletins, brochures, manuals and other materials, advertising, etc, as needed or assigned.
- Manages and coordinates with current staff.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Bachelors degree in business degree in business, public administration, planning, education, or related field, and 3 to 5 years in business development, planning, marketing, communications, and project management. Excellent communication skills, both orally and written and excellent interpersonal skills essential.
Supervision of Personnel
Some supervisory responsibility