Position Title:Director of Development
Department:Advancement, VP for
Reports To:Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Purpose of Position
Acts independently to manage a personal portfolio of 150 major gift prospects and donors and participates in fund-raising activities pertaining to the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual major donors and prospects for the university and one or more colleges or sub units; may assume significant campaign tasks and manages special projects. Responsible for the development of effective communications and relationship building strategies for meeting the various fundraising needs of the institution. This position is supported by development administrative functions and will be a key participant in the university‚??s fundraising and campaign leadership teams.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gift prospects in collaboration with the senior advancement team.
- Participates in major gifts fundraising and ensures appropriate recognition.
- Builds, maintains and strengthens positive relationships with individuals within and external to, the University community.
- Works closely with volunteers and provides direction as it pertains to major gifts and campaign activities.
- Performs research related to individual’s giving capacity, interests and giving history.
- Maintains moves management as it pertains to fundraising and fundraising databases.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff to research, develop and compose appropriate fundraising proposals.
- Prepares and presents fundraising goals to the administration and other entities as needed. Responsible for achieving performance goals as outlined by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and or the President/CEO.
- Regularly attends and participates in university wide functions.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires bachelor‚??s degree, Master‚??s degree preferred. Minimum of two (2) years fund-raising or related experience. Higher Education fund-raising experience preferred.
Supervision of Personnel