Position Title:Director of Educator Preparation
Department:COEHS (Education and Human Services)
Reports To:Dean of the College of Education and Human Services
Purpose of Position
Responsible for coordinating educational field experience placements for teacher certification candidates, to coordinate and deliver staff development activities to university and public school faculty, to coordinate the technology need of the teacher education program, to participate in designing and implementing program evaluations, to disseminate the results of these evaluations to program participants, and to facilitate communication among program participants.
- Directs the admissions, retention and dismissal procedures of prospective teacher education students.
- Directs all educational field experience placements.
- Assists in Teacher Education Program evaluation.
- Communicates regularly with TAMU-C and public school educational stakeholders.
- Attends meeting of campus and district committees, advisory board, state and national meetings and staff meetings.
- Hires, manages and trains university supervisors and mentors charged with developing professional educators.
- Assists in recruitment efforts of teacher education students.
- Serves as a liaison between Texas A&M-Commerce and the State Board for Educator Certification and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Contributes to the creation of new visions for the future.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a MasterÔ??s degree, doctorate preferred; K-12 teaching experience, preferably in professional development school settings; valid teaching certificate; exceptional teaching skills; exemplary oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and leadership skills; organizational and managerial ability; knowledge of instructional technology; and knowledge of research design and application, record of scholarly productivity preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises the following: Director of ExCET Enhancement, Student Advisement Coordinator, two Field Experience and Certification Advisors, Certification Coordinator, student workers, graduate assistants in the Center of Educator Certification and Academic Services.