Position Title:Director of Honors Advising
Reports To:Dean of Honors College
Purpose of Position
Assist the Dean in the oversight of the administrative function of the Honors College and University Scholars Program. Provides leadership and support to Honors students and faculty.
- Advises students on course selection and prospective major/minor areas of study.
- Teaches Honors courses in his/her discipline.
- Assists the Dean in maintaining academic standards that are consistent with the role and mission of the Honors College.
- Assists in the recruitment of Honors College students.
- Assists the Dean in all administrative affairs, including management of personnel and oversight of admissions, academic progress, various appeals, academic suspension, probation and graduation of all Honors student.
- Represents the Honors College at various meeting in the absence of the Dean.
- May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain the effective operations and services of the Honors College.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires earned Doctorate, or terminal degree, in an academic field. Required experience advising students. Excellent communication and administrative skills.
Supervision of Personnel