Position Title:Director of Licensing and UIL
Department:CBT (College of Business and Technology)
Reports To:Dean of Business and Technology
Purpose of Position
Responsible for directing the licensing program, Coordinating/directing Regional UIL Meet, all accounting aspects of CPD.
- Responsible for all areas of the real estate licensing.
- Receives, registers, grades and files all paperwork for students enrolled in licensing program.
- Administer certificates to students, maintain student database.
- Responsible for preparations of all reports for the licensing for state agencies, CELI and Texas A&M-Commerce.
- Acts as Director of Program Operations for the Texas Real Estate Commission under the providership of TAMU-C
- Coordinates all activities with contract partners of licensing program.
- Responsible for all testing materials, and new courses as added by CELI.
- Responsible for maintaining online testing website and student database of over 10000+ students per year.
- Handle conflicts/discrepancies with students.
- Responsible for verifying 3rd party payments for accuracy, receives all monies for the licensing program and contract partners.
- Responsible for adding new testing materials, schedule and proctor exams, maintains seure test files, and student records.
- Responsible for departmental inventory control.
- Responsible maintaining department personnel records and files.
- Supervise 1-2 full time employees and 3 student workers.
- Act as a contact person for the US Military and Texas Department of Rehabilitative Services.
- Acts as the Director of UIL Regional Spring Meet for TAMU-C while representing TAMU-C in a professional manner.
- Responsible for coordinating all logistical arrangements for meet held on the TAMU-C campus.
- Responsible for securing contest directors, judges and volunteers.
- Responsible for marketing the UIL events to contestants, and ordering of all marketing items.
- Scheduling of contest events, student activities, and awards presentation.
- Act as a liaison for Texas A&M University – Commerce and the UIL State Office.
- Handle conflicts/discrepancies with student, teachers, coaches and UIL officials.
- Responsible for creating UIL handbook via the Web.
- Responsible for working with school officials in securing special arrangements for students with disabilities.
- Responsible for all event reporting to the state’s UIL office.
- Responsible for budget for the regional meet and providing a detailed profit/loss statement to the UIL State Office.
- Responsible for setting fees and the collections of payments from school districts.
- Responsible for all expenditure payments of ALL UIL activities, including the separate events of regional volleyball, basketball (both boys and girls), academic spring meet and athletic spring meet.
- Responsible for payroll of all 5 UIL events throughout the year to all event workers and officials.
- Responsible for creating all purchasing documents.
- Accountable for all monies received in the Center for Professional Development.
- Responsible for keeping detailed information regarding revenue and expenditures.
- Responsible for processing departmental deposits, vendor payments, travel vouchers, 3rd party payments.
- Responsible for University PROCARD and its reconciliation.
- Create departmental invoices/PO’s for 3rd party vendors.
- Maintain inventory using FAMIS and the state property system.
- Order office supplies, equipment as needed by the department.
- Member of the HUB committee.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all receipt books used by the department.
- Responsible for providing budget analysis and management of departmental budget to the Dean, prepares budget transfers, and departmental contacts.
- Serves as financial representative for the department in developing recommendations to the Director of Budgets and Reporting Office.
- Responsible for verifying receipts of funds, posts payments to student accounts while maintaining students financial records.
- Reconciliation of student payments with instructor percentage.
- Responsible for calculating instructor payroll, preparation student worker time sheets for payment.
- Responsible for verifying hours and dates worked and the signing of individual timesheets.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires High School or equivalent. Requires 3-5 years experience as accounting and licensing. Preferred BachelorÔ??s Degree and 10 years experience in accounting and licensing. Knowledge of FAMIS, Quickbooks, MS Office and UIL required. Ability to multitask and work independently required.
Supervision of Personnel