Position Title:Director of Risk Management
Reports To:Assistant VP of Facilities Management and Support Services
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing expertise in risk management functions including recommendations for and projections of all University insurance. Responsible for business continuity and loss prevention for the University. Ability to interpret policies, procedures, guidelines ad reference materials for protection of the social, financial and academic environments at TAMU-Commerce. Assist and advise various departments in the analysis and contract language of insurance coverage. Identify and track training requirements pertaining to health and safety.
- • Serves as the University’s risk manager and point of contact for insurance with the System regarding property, liability, equipment, fine arts, directors and officers, employee dishonesty, combination crime, peace officer bonds, fleet auto and boiler and machinery policies.
• Minimizes financial and traditional risk and cost to the University by prudent application of risk management principles.
• Oversees and handles all property and casualty claims.
• Serves as specialized resource to staff, faculty and students on risk assessment and insurance issues.
• Reviews and coordinates insurance company inspections and communication to University administration.
• Reviews, examines and assesses a broad range of risk exposures including property, liability and worker’s compensation program.
• Manages Enterprise Risk Management on campus.
• Reviews and investigates worker’s compensation claims to determine if safety/risk issues are concerned and may recommend measures to correct any deficiencies.
• Serves as contact person between SAGO and Texas A&M University-Commerce for tort litigation claims.
• Advise University administrators and committees regarding risk; provide formal analysis of organizational activities and exercise professional expertise and judgment in risk analysis and risk assessment to evaluate exposures and make recommendations to reduce or eliminate risk.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
BachelorÔ??s degree in business or related field with three years of experience with an emphasis on insurance and risk analysis. Knowledge of federal, state and local rules and regulations governing limits of exposure of public entities. Ability to analyze documents such as insurance policies and contracts n order to identify areas of risk, ensure adequacy of coverage and establish loss control procedures. Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others. Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact effectively with individuals from diverse socio-economic backgrounds both internally and externally.