Position Title:Director of Student Support Services
Purpose of Position
Position is essential to the success of providing services to students. It is responsible for planning and implementing an academic skill development and tutorial component. This position is also responsible for effectively delivering skills to Project participants‚?? and assisting them in making satisfactory academic progress and achieve graduation.
- Hires support staff (tutors, mentors, and clerical staff).
- Works collaboratively with faculty and staff to provide appropriate services for program participants.
- Assists the university community in providing campus climate conductive learning and personal development for low-income, first-generation and students with disabilities.
- Monitors the assessment and track the progress of project participants.
- Serves as counselor for 100 participants.
- Schedules tutoring for participants and counselors on a daily basis.
- Maintains daily, monthly and quarterly records for program participants, counselors and tutorial staff.
- Performs classroom presentations.
- Plans activities for cultural enrichment.
- Attends approved professional conferences.
- Serves on assigned University committees. (i.e. Academic Appeals, Financial Aid Appeals, THEA, etc.).
- Shares with project director responsibility for designing and implementing yearly program activities.
- Provides assistance with annual performance reports and grant writing.
- Develops new techniques to improve delivery of services.
- Assists project director in approving all expenditures from the budget.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Bachelors degree in Education, higher education, administration, guidance and counseling or related field, Master‚??s preferred. Minimum of three years teaching or administrative experiences in a secondary or post-secondary area that works with students who are under prepared and/or disadvantaged. Experience with federally funded grants, budgets, the student financial process and the academic process beneficial. Previous TRIO experience helpful.
Supervision of Personnel
All Student Support Services staff. (30 par-professional and 4 professional).