Position Title:Director of Undergraduate Advising/Mentoring/Internship
Reports To:Dean College of Business & Technology
Purpose of Position
Responsible for advising, mentoring and internships for all business programs in the College of Business & Technology. Assure that the students get timely and accurate advise on class schedules, provides support and information about careers and provides information regarding university services for students. Coordinates undergraduate internships for the College of Business and Technolgoy.
- Manages the fiscal responsibilities of the office and provides the administration with yearly goals and budget projections.
- Conceptualizes, plans and evaluates tasks which are to be carried out through the College of Business and Technology office of Advising, Mentoring and Internship.
- Assists in the coordination of both academic and support services within the institution in order to have sufficient information for the advisors to give the best academic advice available to College of Business & Technology undergraduate students.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of a staff structure which implements college goals for the advising program; and develops and supervises the selection and training procedures for College of Business & Technology advisors/mentors.
- Establishes and administers efficient office procedures through an Academic Advising Policies and Procedures Manual for the College of Business & Technology.
- Works closely with the orientation and testing departments in order to provide entering College of Business & Technology students information and placement necessary for their future successes in higher education.
- Coordinates the Freshman Success program in the College of Business & Technology. Interviews, hires, trains, and evaluates faculty who teach in the program. Administers the budget and prepares studies for institutional planning. Responsible for goals and assessment of the program.
- Serves on committees as assigned of the College of Business & Technology.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires MasterÔ??s degree in a field of study. Must have at least two (2) years educational experience, knowledge of student development and a thorough institutional knowledge. Excellent computer, communication and interpersonal skills.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises one (1) administrative assistant, tow (2) advisor/mentors and various student workers and graduate assistants.