Position Title:eLearning Support Specialist
Department:Instructional Technology and Distance Education
Reports To:Director fo Distance Education
Purpose of Position
Responsible for assisting the Instructional Design team and faculty in the design of curriculum and instruction, development of learning resources, and retooling of courses and course segments to electronic delivery methods.
- Works in partnership with Instructional Design team and faculty members to design, develop, test, and support online courses, resources, and administrative applications. Communicates extensively with faculty developers by web meetings, phone, in person and via email.
- Supports faculty in the use of academic support software (i.e. Macromedia Presenter (Breeze), Respondus, etc.).
- Assists with research and development of related resources which enrich and supplement online courses.
- Assists with the development of faculty training materials and sessions.
- Assists with the copying of courses and enrolling of students into online, blended, and enhanced courses.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college and one to two years related experience. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate. Preferred: Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems, specifically eCollege. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to conduct face-to-face instruction, online teaching, and oral presentations.
Supervision of Personnel