Position Title:Electric Utilities Supervisor
Reports To:Director for Facilities Management & Asset. Director
Purpose of Position
Responsible for all electrical systems on campus. Responsible for electrical design of all renovations and the operations of all elevators on campus.
- Plans, coordinates and implements all work needed to maintain a safe working electrical system for the university.
- Provides cost evaluations for all electrical renovations.
- Assures that all electrical work on campus meets National Electrical Codes.
- Responsible for all elevators on campus to meet regulations and operate safely.
- Prioritizes and assigns all work orders and provides technical support and assistance to electricians.
- Creates, institutes and monitors energy conservation plans concerning lighting.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees.
- Reads all electric meters and completes monthly reports.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of ten (10) years related experience. Requires a Masters Electrician License. Requires knowledge of the National Electric and Fire Codes. Must be available for 24 hour emergency call. Two to three (2-3) years supervisor experience is preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises Electricians I & II.