Position Title:Electrician I
Reports To:Chief Electrician
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing electrical work to include installing, monitoring and repairing the electrical systems and equipment.
- Installs all interior and exterior wiring including panels, motors, transformers, light fixtures, devices, appliances and machinery.
- Troubleshoots, tests, replaces or repairs electrical equipment, circuits, appliances and machinery.
- Maintains all outdoor lighting fixtures and circuits, i.e. security, parking and street lights.
- Operates various gauges and meters to test electrical equipment and systems, i.e. ammeter, ohmmeter and voltage tester.
- Repairs or replaces mechanical parts of electrical equipment and machinery.
- Calculates computing loads using branch-circuits and Ohm’s Law calculation to maintain safe power distribution.
- Maintains and services single-phase and three-phase Delta and Wye electrical systems.
- Provides and installs 12-480 volt AC and DC voltages and circuits.
- Installs conduit and provides for power distribution using conduits and other electrical cords for electrical transfer.
- Maintains and updates electrical drawings, prints or schematics for future reference for repairs and prevention of disruption of electrical power.
- Services and maintains control circuits and control equipment such as starters, contractors and relays.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent with a journeyman license and four (4) years related experience. Must have an advanced knowledge of and ability to use the National Electrical Code book. Ability to use lock out system and various gauges for testing equipment to insure all work meets the electrical code required. May be required to work after regular hours and on weekends in instances of emergency.
Supervision of Personnel
No supervisory responsibility.