Position Title:Electronic Resources Specialist
Reports To:Web Librarian
Purpose of Position
Creates, maintains and improves access to and link resolution within Library‚??s electronic resources; assists Web Librarian in support for Library website and all department functions.
- Troubleshoots problems with electronic resources, communicating with vendors to resolve problems.
- Maintains electronic resource management system (currently Serials Solutions 360 Resource Manager).
- Customizes library’s federated search (SuperSearch), including adding and updating resources.
- Tracks usage statistics of web-based vendor databases and online periodicals, including utilizing software to convert data into usable comparison formats.
- Loads records for electronic resources into Library’s integrated library system.
- Completes registration at publisher/host sites for access to online journals.
- Works with appropriate librarians to increase usability of licensed library Internet databases. Administers these licensed databases to provide direct linkage to electronic journals or journal holding information.
- Assists with design and maintenance of the Library’s Web presence.
- Assists in the development and implementation of online tutorials.
- Provides back-up support for staff payroll reports (currently LionTime system.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
This position requires a Bachelor‚??s degree and at least two years experience using job-related technology applications. Preferred qualifications are a Bachelor‚??s degree in Computer Science or a related field and at least one year of experience in academic library serials, cataloging, or electronic resources. Also requires demonstrated knowledge of or verifiable experience with: using markup languages; issues related to access and maintenance, especially those relating to proxy serves and link resolves; Loading and maintenance of records in an integrated library system; Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word; and Advanced skills in Adobe Fireworks, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator. This position also requires strong analytical and organization skills. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or on a team. Must be able to complete work assignments in a timely manner and keep accurate written and computerized records.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises student workers or graduate assistants.