Position Title:Employment Coordinator
Reports To:Director of Human Resources
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing human resource management skills in the administration of the Texas A&M University-Commerce hiring and new employee processing to ensure fair and equitable hiring practices. Evaluates new and current positions from completed Position Description Questionnaires. Conducts required criminal background checks on new faculty and staff. Serves as the departmentā??s web editor.
- Receives, examines and signs staffing requests for correct salaries and titles for open or vacated positions. Calculates appropriate starting date for vacant position.
- Corresponds with supervisors concerning hiring process and procedures, discussion of posting dates and other requirements.
- Posts employment opportunities in designated locations.
- Requests and examines interview questions for compliance with TWC (Texas Workforce Commission).
- Receives applications and examines for minimum position requirements. Administers required testing to applicants. Forwards applications meeting minimum requirements to hiring department. Records applicant flow to maintain Affirmative Action statistics.
- Conducts required criminal background checks on new faculty and staff
- Receives and examines recommendation for hire from supervisor. Examines interview sheets and scores in order to concur with supervisor. Provides authorization to offer position.
- Corresponds with applicants in writing that a decision has been made on the position for which they applied.
- Maintains all employment records used during the hiring process for future reference.
- Assists with new employee orientation as it relates to employment.
- Works closely with supervisors and department heads related to all departmental reclassifications and job description analysis for new positions including title and salary level. Perform periodic audits to determine whether jobs are appropriately classified.
- Maintains master file for all job descriptions.
- Verifies employee separation notices.
- Provides verifications of employment either by phone or in writing for current or previous employees.
- Tracks employee status, new hires, terminations, transfers, etc for all faculty and staff.
- Collects payroll and personnel information from new employees. Assists employees with completion of tax forms, naturalization and immigration forms for valid work permits and check distribution or direct deposit forms.
- Creates confidential new employee records in local personnel database. Information is used to track employee leave time, longevity and hazardous duty reports, to supply information for requested reports from university administration and creation of all time sheets and absence reports. Creates same information in budget, payroll and personnel database utilized by the A&M System.
- Maintains all university employee confidential files.
- Serves as the web editor for the human resources department.
- Occasionally handles cash transactions.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Bachelorā??s degree in related field or five (5) years related experience to substitute for Bachelorā??s degree required. Requires individual with the ability to establish priorities, interpersonal skills, communication skills and displays a professional approach and supportive posture to sufficiently represent the human resources department to the university, continuously endorsing the department mission and goals. Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of employment issues to advocate and carry through diversity goals. This is a security-sensitive position. The individual in this position is required to handle Protected Health Information (PHI) as defined by HIPAA regulations. The individual is required to handle PHI in accordance with A&M System policy and is further required to complete HIPAA training as a condition of employment, within a reasonable timeframe after the individualā??s employment, and on an as-needed basis thereafter.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises student assistant(s).