Position Title:Facilities and Equipment Attendant
Reports To:Head of HHP and Athletic Director
Purpose of Position
Responsible for maintaining the athletic department facilities and equipment. Responsible for maintaining athletic and human and health performance equipment including set up for athletic events in Field House.
- Independently responsible for athletic areas and equipment for Health and Human Performance classes and athletic events, using good judgment working under minimal daily supervision. Must provide and use own small tools.
- Independently secures inventory(ordering supplies at best price from supplies), for stadium, T-Lounge and Field House. Determines manual yearly inventory and requisitions athletic supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for independently coordinating activities with appropriate department for the operation of lights, scoreboards, heaters, air conditioning and phones in the Field House. Includes any electrical or scoreboard repairs that may occur and also the laying out of field according to National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules.
- Maintains and performs minor repairs of Health and Human Performance and athletic equipment in the field house. When extensive or advanced knowledge is required, repairs may be coordinated through Facilities Management. Secures facilities when not being used.
- Cleans field house, athletic area and equipment before and after an athletic activity.
- Uses vehicle for pulling trailer, moving football equipment, hauling chemicals, gasoline, weed eaters, blowers, track equipment, hurdles, tillers, mowers, paint equipment, painting of crowd control barriers, and numerous bags of trash after athletic events.
- Assists with regular maintenance of athletic playing fields. Aerates, cuts grass, waters and fertilizes game and practice fields as needed.
- Assists with other activities including band camps, football camps, basketball camps, preseason and interseason athletic programs and University Interscholastic League (UIL) tournaments and high school athletic events on campus.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent with three (3) years related experience. Must be able to work additional and flexible hours as needed and available for on-call duties evenings and weekends. Must have good organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal daily supervision.
Supervision of Personnel