Position Title:Facilities and Equipment Attendant
Reports To:Outdoor Sports Facilities Manager
Purpose of Position
Assists in maintaining the athletic department facilities and equipment.
- Assists with the maintenance of athletic facilities and equipment for athletic events. Must use good judgment working under minimal daily supervision. Must provide and use own small tools.
- May assist with inventory, such as paint for marking, and secures cleaning materials for stadium, T-Lounge and Field House.
- May be responsible for independently coordinating activities with appropriate departments for the operation of lights, scoreboards, heaters, air conditioning, and phones.
- Assists with the maintenance of athletic equipment, and performs minor repairs which include welding. When extensive or advanced knowledge is required, repairs may be coordinated through the physical plant. Secures facilities when not being used.
- Cleans athletic areas and equipment before and after an athletic activity such as cleaning film room, press box area, President's Box, rest rooms, trash cans, home and visitor's dressing room, officials dressing room, ticket booth, bleachers, and concession stand.
- Uses vehicle for pulling trailer, moving football equipment, hauling chemicals, gasoline, weed eaters, blowers, track equipment, hurdles, tillers, mowers, paint equipment, painting of crowd control barriers, and numerous bags of trash after athletic events.
- Performs regular maintenance of athletic playing fields. Levels dirt and sand with heavy equipment on football fields. Aerates, cuts grass, waters and fertilizes game and practice fields as needed.
- May operate handicap chair lift when required for physically disabled during football games.
- Assists with other activities including band camps, football camps, basketball camps, preseason and interseason athletic programs, and University Interscholastic League (UIL) tournaments and high school athletic events on campus.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent, with five (5) years related experience. Must be able to work additional hours as needed and on-call during evenings and week-ends. Must have good organizational skills and ability to work independently, with minimal daily supervision.
Supervision of Personnel
Requires high school diploma or equivalent, with five (5) years related experience. Must be able to work additional hours as needed and on-call during evenings and week-ends. Must have good organizational skills and ability to work independently, with minimal daily supervision. Supervise student workers.