Position Title:Facilities Operation Supervisor
Reports To:Assistant Director-Operations
Purpose of Position
To provide appropriate supervision for maintaining the Memorial Student Center. To work with facilities operation assistants as a â??workingâ? supervisor in providing the physical arrangements for all meetings/programs.
- Provides responsible supervision for facilities operation assistants.
- Performs as necessary all essential functions listed for the facilities operation assistants.
- Notifies the Assistant Director of any problems that might need to be addressed between facilities operation assistants and other university faculty and staff in order to address grievances or provide communication for clarification of duties.
- Inspects building for quality of work performed in order to maintain acceptable standards.
- Maintains good communication with facilities operation assistants.
- Provides appropriate training for facilities operation assistants to include but not limited to:
- Use of all building services equipment
- Room set-up procedures
- Action to be taken in emergency situation, e.g. clean-up of blood
- Makes daily physical arrangements for room reservation to include the set-up and tear down of tables and chairs.
- Set up heavy portable staging as needed.
- Maintains all light fixtures and bulb replacement.
- Assists conference leaders in bringing in and setting special materials for conference.
- Greets and assists students when possible.
- Works as directed on Saturdays to assist with special university programs.
- Maintains table arrangements, silver and table decorations.
- Washes and dries table skirting and covers, special dining napkins and irons the same.
- Maintains repair on ceiling tiles and cove base.
- Maintains repair of some furniture and fixtures as needed.
- Assists in building security.
- Attends monthly staff meeting and makes appropriate suggestions for improvement of building services.
- Communicates daily with Assistant Director as regards room reservation arrangements; supervises the preparation of all rooms for the assigned meeting/programs
- Completes daily report on job functions completed, problems or shift personnel matters.
- Maintains attendance records and schedules of all facilities operation assistants.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent. Ability to operate all building service equipment. Ability to use tools to repair and maintain the building furniture and fixtures.
Supervision of Personnel
Facilities Operations Assistants